|The Meals on Wheels Texas Board is accepting applications now through midnight on October 22, 2017 from local non-profit home delivered and/or congregate meal providers within the FEMA designated disaster areas who sustained losses due to the impact of Hurricane Harvey that will not be reimbursed through other sources. Please see the Request for Applications details below, or you can download the information in a Word doc here. Please submit your application online by clicking here. If you are unable to complete the online application form, you may complete the form in Word and email it to email@example.com. Late applications will not be accepted.
About Meals on Wheels Texas: Meals on Wheels Texas is a 501(c)(3) association of home-delivered and congregate meal programs for seniors and adults with disabilities in Texas. Meals on Wheels Texas promotes member networking, best practice sharing, education, pilot programs, the distribution of scholarships & grant funds, and coordinates disaster relief efforts. Meals on Wheels Texas is affiliated with Meals on Wheels America, the oldest and largest national organization supporting more than 5,000 community-based senior nutrition programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation.
Meals on Wheels Texas Hurricane Harvey Disaster Response: In fall 2017 Meals on Wheels Texas accepted funds for Hurricane Harvey relief with the explicit goal that the funds would be provided to support local Meals on Wheels programs impacted by the disaster. The funds are to be dispersed in the following ways:
- Purchase of shelf stable meals and water for organizations with immediate needs due to the Harvey disaster
- Reimbursement to organizations that produced shelf stable meals for the disaster response
- Support to organizations that sustained losses due to the impact of Hurricane Harvey that will not be reimbursed through other sources
Purpose of Request For Applications (RFA): The Meals on Wheels Texas Board will accept applications for the following: Requests for support for local non-profit home delivered and/or congregate meal providers within the FEMA designated disaster areas who sustained losses due to the impact of Hurricane Harvey that will not be reimbursed through other sources.
- RFA released: October 6, 2017
- RFA is due at Midnight on Sunday October 22nd. All applications must be submitted electronically through the online form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board reserves the right to follow up with applicants with specific questions.The Board does not anticipate another solicitation for disaster relief for Hurricane Harvey and will distribute all remaining funds for Hurricane Harvey disaster relief through this RFA. Late applications will not be reviewed.
- Decision will be announced no later than October 31st, 2017.
Note that the Board will review all applications and may award all, partial, or none of an applicant’s request.
Eligible Applicants: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501©3 organization.
- Provide services in at least one of the counties in FEMA declared disaster area (Aransas, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Lee, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Polk, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Tyler, Victoria, Walker, Waller, Wharton)
- Provide Home delivered meals or congregate program serving seniors
Documentation: All applicants must complete the online form and submit a copy of their 501c3 certificate through the online form. The form is located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MOWTRFAforHurricaneRelief. If you are unable to complete the online application form, you may complete the form in Word in email it to email@example.com.
Scoring: Applications will be scored using a formula that will take into account:
- Number of meals served on average per day in the FEMA declared disaster area
- Severity of impact
- Amount of unreimbursed expenses
- 501c3 organization
- Provided services in FEMA determined impact area
- Provide home delivered or congregate meals to seniors
- # of Meals Served in impacted area prior to Hurricane - (Maximum 20 points)
- More than 3,000 = 20 pts
- 1,000-2,999 = 15 pts
- 500-999 = 10 pts
- 100-499 = 5 pts
- 99 or under = 3pts
- Impact: Clear description of impact and unreimbursed expenses - (Maximum 50 points)
- Lost entire kitchen – 50 pts
- Lost all vehicles – 50 pts
- Partially lost kitchen – 30 pts
- Lost partial vehicle fleet – 30 pts
- Other losses – Up to 25 pts
- Request: Clearly articulates how funds will be used to address unreimbursed expenses - (Maximum 30 points)
- 30 pts if provide detailed line item list of items
- 15 pts provides general budget items
The Meals on Wheels Texas (MOWT) Board will award based on the responses to the RFA and the amount of funding available. The MOWT Board may determine maximum levels of funding.
Contact Information: If you have questions about the application, please contact Sam Woollard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-217-6862.