2020 Meals on Wheels Texas Annual Conference & Expo Scholarship Information
Your program is eligible to apply for a scholarship if:
- Your organization is a current, dues-paying Meals on Wheels Texas Member at the time of the scholarship application that will be sending a staff person or board member to the 2020 conference. Program must remain in good standing through April 7, 2020.
- Your organization’s operating budget is $1 million or less.
- Program’s representative books their accommodations at the host hotel.
- A member of the organization attends a regional meeting between December 2019 and March 2020.
- Program’s representative attends a regional meeting during the 2020 conference.
- Program’s representative attends the workshop or roundtable discussion on unserved areas at the 2020 conference
- Program’s representative attends a Texas Department of Agriculture grant application workshop. (Note: this is only required if your organization is not a current recipient of Texas Department of Agriculture Home-Delivered Meal grant program called Texans Feeding Texans).
Scholarship applications will be considered based on a first come, first served basis.
NOTE: Each Member program is eligible to receive one $1,000 scholarship and therefore only one application will be reviewed from each program. Before applying, please confer with your staff to ensure that only one application per program is submitted.
Application Deadline: 5 p.m. Central Time, Friday, January 31, 2020. However, applicants are encouraged to send in their applications as early as possible as they will be approved on a rolling basis.
Scholarship Announcements: Results will be communicated as decisions are made, but no later than February 13, 2020.
Conference Registration: Scholarship funds will be presented to award recipients at the conference. Applicants must register and pay their Conference Registration fees in advance by February 14, 2020, which is the Early Bird rate deadline. Reimbursement checks for the full amount of the scholarship award will be made out to the member organization and provided onsite at the Conference. If your organization has already purchased their registration to the Conference, you are still eligible to apply.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship application, please contact [email protected].