Multiple advocacy efforts are in place to protect the interests of Meals on Wheels programs across Texas. On the legislative front, the Meals on Wheels Association of Texas (MOWAT) is a separate 501(c)(6) association whose mission is to represent and advocate for clients and providers of home-delivered and/or congregate meal services in Texas. A focus of MOWAT is to secure continued funding for the Texans Feeding Texans grant program within the Texas Department of Agriculture. MOWAT also monitors and reports on regulatory changes at the state level as well as provides input and makes recommendations regarding Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services and Texas Health and Human Services Commission regulations that govern home-delivered meal programs and congregate meal programs.
LEGISLATIVE EDUCATION & GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Chair: Debra King, Meals on Wheels Waco
MOWAT 2018 liaisons are:
- Texas Department of Agriculture – Vinsen Faris, Chief Executive Officer of Meals on Wheels San Antonio/Christian Senior Services, 210-735-5115
- Title XX – Betty Bradley, Executive Director of Meals on Wheels Plus, Inc., 325-672-5050
- Title III – Carla Jutson, President & CEO of Meals on Wheels Inc. of Tarrant County, 817-336-0912
- Managed Care Organizations (MCO’s) – Elaine Shellenberger, Nutrition and Services for Seniors, 409-892-4455 or 409-626-2715
Meals on Wheels Association of Texas Membership
Join Meals on Wheels Association of Texas
With your support, we will continue to foster the advocacy efforts on behalf of all senior nutrition programs to ensure that TDA and all federal and state funding streams continue. To join Meals on Wheels Association of Texas, please sign up on our ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM. Your membership will automatically apply to both Meals on Wheels Texas and Meals on Wheels Association of Texas.
- ActionS, Inc. of Brazoria County
- Aransas County Council on Aging
- Baytown Meals on Wheels
- Bosque County Senior Services
- Calhoun County Senior Citizens Association, Inc.
- City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Dept Senior
Community Services Division
- Cleveland Senior Citizens Organization
- Collingsworth County Home Delivered Meals Program
- Community Action Committee of Victoria Texas
- Community Action Corporation of South Texas
- Community Council of South Central Texas, Inc.
- Community Services, Inc.
- Concerned Citizens of Jack County, Inc.
- Cross Plains Senior Citizens Center
- Dawson County Senior Citizens Center, Inc.
- Dietert Center
- Duval County Elderly Nutrition Program
- Fort Bend Senior Citizens Meals on Wheels and
Much Much More, Inc.
- Friendly Door Inc.
- Golden Hub Community Center
- Gonzales County Senior Citizens Association, Inc.
- Harris County Area Agency on Aging
- Hill Country Communty Action Association
- Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston
- Lamar County Human Resources Council, Inc.
- Meals & Wheels Waco
- Meals for the Elderly
- Meals On Wheels Central Texas (Sponsoring Member)
- Meals on Wheels Collin County
- Meals On Wheels of Erath County
- Meals on Wheels of Johnson and Ellis Counties
- Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Texoma
- Meals on Wheels Plus, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels San Antonio
- Meals on Wheels Senior Services Rockwall
- Menard County Senior Center
- Nacogdoches Senior Center
- Nocona Carpenters Shop AKA Nocona Senior Center
- Nutrition and Services for Seniors (Sponsoring Member)
- Opportunities for Williamson and Burnet Counties
- Parker County Meals On Wheels
- Rainbow Senior Center Foundation
- Senior Citizens Activity Center of Burkburnett, Inc.
- Senior Citizens Club of Petrolia, Inc.
- Senior Citizens Project of Chambers County, Inc.
- Senior Connect
- Senior Link Midland
- Shackelford County Community Resource Center
- Somervell County Committee on Aging, Inc.
- The Kitchen
- Tri-County Meals on Wheels
- VNA Meals on Wheels - Dallas
- Washington County Healthy Living Association
- Young Women's Christian Association of Houston