Meals on Wheels Texas Disaster Relief Grant Information
Meals on Wheels Texas is offering COVID assistance grants to Meals on Wheels Texas Members and Meals on Wheels programs in Texas thanks to generous donations to our website, the Texas Department of Agriculture, and H-E-B check-stand donations.
This grant opportunity is open to all Meals on Wheels Programs, regardless of membership. Grant funds will be awarded to all eligible applicants who complete both required surveys (linked below) by Friday, June 26, at 5 p.m.
The minimum grant award is estimated to be approximately $300 to non-members and $600 to Meals on Wheels Texas members, depending on number of eligible applicants. Eligible applicants will be notified of grant awards by July 8, 2020.
- Applicant must be a home-delivered meal provider.
- Applicant must be located in Texas or be a 2020 Meals on Wheels Texas member as of May 31, 2020.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) or governmental agency.
- Applicant must complete both the MOWT Disaster Relief Grant Survey and the MOWT COVID-19 Impact Survey by Friday, June 26, at 5 p.m.
Important Note: Grants based on H-E-B funding are open to all Meals on Wheels programs in Texas regardless of membership with the following exception: Meals On Wheels programs who have already received $10,000 or more in COVID-related donations from H-E-B are not eligible for these H-E-B grant funds. However, programs are still eligible for Meals On Wheels Texas grant funds if membership is current as of the deadline noted above.
To apply, complete both the Meals on Wheels Texas Disaster Relief Grant Survey AND the Meals on Wheels Texas COVID-19 Impact Survey.
Responding to both surveys completes the application process for grant funding.
For questions about the application process, please email [email protected].
Programs will need the following information to complete the MOWT Disaster Relief Grant Survey:
- IRS Letter of Determination
- Links to news articles and/or stories about your organization or clients during the pandemic, if available.
This survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Programs that have already completed the MOWT COVID-19 Impact Survey are not required to complete it again. For a list of organizations that have already completed before the grant was released on June 12, please click here.
Programs will need the following information to complete MOWT COVID-19 Impact Survey:
- Client numbers for home-delivered and if applicable, congregate meals
- Meal numbers for home-delivered and if applicable, congregate meals
- Cost per meal for home-delivered and if applicable, congregate meals
- The above data for February, March and April 2020
- Number of additional meals that could be made